– Last updated: 15/02/2018
I am available to give talks to history societies, family history groups, W.I’s, book groups etc. I can give talks on the background and writing of any of my books: –
The Memory Be Green: An Oral History of a Devon Village
Fever: A Story from a Devon Churchyard
The Turning of the Tide
All Around The Year
The Postman Poet
Also the following talks;
Planning an Oral History Project.
Research and Creative Writing.
Fevers and Fried Mice: Health and Healthcare in Devon 1850-1900.
‘Reflections: The River Torridge in Poetry and Prose’
Successful Self-Publishing – a talk for writers.
I have a busy year ahead, giving talks and readings and attending signing sessions. There will be more events to add to those below, so come back again to see when I shall be attending your locality. I really enjoy meeting people on these occasions, so do come and say ‘hello’. In addition to the dates below, I can often be found signing books in the shop at RHS Garden Rosemoor when there is a special weekend event.
Here is a calendar of events for 2018:
• Sunday 11th February. Book signing at the Valentine’s Craft Fair, Durrant Hotel, Northam.
• Tuesday 13th February. A talk on The Postman Poet for Torrington Rotary Club.
• Wednesday 14th February. Fevers and Fried Mice for Barnstaple U3A Local History Group.
• Monday 19th February. A talk on The Postman Poet for Ashford Ladies Group
• Tuesday 20th February. Fevers and Fried Mice for Braunton U3A Local History Group.
• Thursday 1st March, afternoon. The Postman Poet for Marwood Ladies.
• Thursday 1st March, evening. Fevers and Fried Mice for Woolsery W.I.
• Sunday 4th March. Book signing at Hartland Farmers’ Market.
• Saturday 17th March. A talk on The Postman Poet for The Devon Family History Society, Bideford
• Thursday 5th April. A talk on The Postman Poet for Bideford Rotary Club.
• Sunday 8th April. Book signing at Hartland Farmers’ Market.
• Wednesday 11th April. A talk for Exbourne, Sampford Courtenay and Jacobstowe WI
• Wednesday 25th April. A talk on The Postman Poet for Filleigh History Society.
• Thursday 3rd May. A talk on The Postman Poet for the Tavistock Festival.
• Monday 7th May. Book signing at Uffculme Show and Country Fair.
• Sunday 13th May. Book signing at Killerton House Classic Car Day.
• Thursday 17th May. A talk on The Postman Poet for The Friends of the Burton Art Gallery, Bideford.
• Sunday 27th May. Book signing at Clovelly Seaweed Festival.
• Thursday 12th July. Fevers and Fried Mice for West Down W.I.
• Saturday 14th July. Book signing at Clovelly Maritime Festival.
• Thursday 19th July. Fevers and Fried Mice for Puddington and Black Dog W.I.
• Thursday 26th July. Book signing at Launceston Show.
• Saturday 28th July. Book signing at the Mid-Devon Show.
• Monday 30th July. Book signing at Woolsery and District Agricultural Show.
• Wednesday 1st August. Book signing at North Devon Show.
• Tuesday 7th August. The Postman Poet at Sidmouth Folk Festival with Nick Wyke and Becki Driscoll.
• Thursday 9th August. Book signing at Okehampton Show
• Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th August. Book signing at the Dartmoor Folk Festival
• Thursday 16th August. Book signing at Chagford Show.
• Thursday 23rd August. Book signing at Holsworthy and Stratton Agricultural Show.
• Tuesday 28th August. A talk on The Postman Poet for the Barnstaple Macular Support Group.
• Sunday 2nd September. Book signing at Clovelly Crab and Lobster Festival.
• Tuesday 18th September. A talk on The Memory Be Green for Meeth Women’s Guild.
• Thursday 4th October. A talk on The Postman Poet for the Taw U3A Devon History Group.
• Thursday 1st November. A talk on The Postman Poet for Instow and Yelland W.I.
• Tuesday 13th November. A talk on The Turning of the Tide for the Ilfracombe Ladies Probus Club.
• Sunday 18th November. Book signing at Clovelly Herring Festival.
• Wednesday 21st November. Fevers and Fried Mice for Honiton U3A