– Last updated: 23/10/17
I am available to give talks to history societies, family history groups, W.I’s, book groups etc. I can give talks on the background and writing of any of my books: –
The Memory Be Green: An Oral History of a Devon Village
Fever: A Story from a Devon Churchyard
The Turning of the Tide
All Around The Year
The Postman Poet
Also the following talks;
Planning an Oral History Project.
Research and Creative Writing.
Fevers and Fried Mice: Health and Healthcare in Devon 1850-1900.
‘Reflections: The River Torridge in Poetry and Prose’
Successful Self-Publishing – a talk for writers.
I have a busy year ahead, giving talks and readings and attending signing sessions. There will be more events to add to those below, so come back again to see when I shall be attending your locality. I really enjoy meeting people on these occasions, so do come and say ‘hello’. In addition to the dates below, I can often be found signing books in the shop at RHS Garden Rosemoor when there is a special weekend event.
Here is a calendar of events for 2017 & 2018:
• Sunday 1st October. Book signing at Hartland Farmers’ Market
• Thursday 19th October, afternoon. A talk on The Postman Poet for Northam Thursday Fellowship.
• Thursday 19th October, evening. A talk on The Postman Poet for Westward Ho! Ladies.
• Thursday 26th October. A talk on The Postman Poet for Northam Men’s Forum.
I shall be leading the Northam Life Stories Writing Workshops on November 6th, 20th and December 4th. Contact Northam Library on 01237 475111 to book.
• Wednesday 1st November. The Memory Be Green for Moretonhampstead U3A.
• Tuesday 7th November. A talk on The Postman Poet for Braunton U3A.
• Wednesday 8th November. A talk on The Postman Poet for South Molton U3A Local History.
• Thursday 9th November. The Postman Poet for Bridport Literary Festival, with Nick Wyke and Becki Driscoll.
• Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th November. Book signing at N.T. Killerton Christmas Fair.
• Monday 13th November. A talk on The Turning of the Tide for the National Health Retirement Group, Roundswell Community Centre.
• Friday 17th November. The Postman Poet at Buckland Brewer Village Hall, with Nick Wyke and Becki Driscoll. Tickets £12 to include a village supper, phone Brenda Mills on 01237 451314 to book.
• Saturday 18th November. Book signing at the Clovelly Herring Festival.
• Saturday 18th November, evening. Book signing at the Dan Britton concert, Meddon Village Hall.
• Sunday 19th November. Book signing at N.T. Arlington Christmas Fair.
• Thursday 23rd November. Book signing at the Hospice Christmas Coffee Morning, Durrant House Hotel, Northam.
• Saturday 25th November. Book signing at the Kingsley School Christmas Fair, Bideford.
• Saturday 2nd December. Book signing at the Ruby Country Market, Hatherleigh.
• Sunday 2nd December. Book signing at the South Molton Fatstock Show.
• Thursday 7th December, eve. Book signing at the Barnstaple T.C. Christmas Fayre, Pannier Market.
• Saturday 9th December. Book signing at the Big Sheep Christmas Market.
• Sunday 10th December. Book signing at Bude Castle Christmas Fair.
• Saturday 16th December. Book signing at the Big Sheep Christmas Market.
• Saturday 23rd December. Book signing at the Big Sheep Christmas Market.
• Wednesday 14th February. Fevers and Fried Mice for Barnstaple U3A Local History Group.
• Monday 19th February. A talk on The Postman Poet for Ashford Ladies Group
• Tuesday 20th February. Fevers and Fried Mice for Braunton U3A Local History Group.
• Thursday 1st March. Fevers and Fried Mice for Woolsery W.I.
• Saturday 17th March. A talk on The Postman Poet for The Devon Family History Society, Bideford
• Thursday 5th April. A talk on The Postman Poet for Bideford Rotary Club.
• Wednesday 11th April. A talk for Exbourne, Sampford Courtenay and Jacobstowe WI
• Thursday 17th May. A talk on The Postman Poet for The Friends of the Burton Art Gallery, Bideford.
• Thursday 12th July. Fevers and Fried Mice for West Down W.I.
• Thursday 19th July. Fevers and Fried Mice for Puddington and Black Dog W.I.
• Tuesday 28th August. A talk on The Postman Poet for the Barnstaple Macular Support Group.
• Thursday 1st November. A talk on The Postman Poet for Instow and Yelland W.I.
• Wednesday 21st November. Fevers and Fried Mice for Honiton U3A